Won my tribunal but got a strange letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my tribunal but got a strange letter

Tm4rw
Tm4rw Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I won my tribunal on the 8th June but today I received a letter from dwp saying
 " they have written to the tribunal for a correction for the decision made on the 8th June, im sorry we wont be able to pay ypu the benefit awarded by the first tier tribunal until we receive the corrected decision "
What does this mean? 
Ive tried calling them but they keep cutting me off, have tried 5 times.
Is it that they are still waiting on the tribunals decision to say I am entitled to the new rates or are they not agreeing with the tribunald decision? 
Im worried now. 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Tm4rw Sorry I can't answer your question but suggest you repost in "Ask a benefit advisor".  
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tm4rw

What does your tribunal decision notice say?
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Tm4rw,

Congratulations on the successful tribunal, though I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've been having with PIP afterwards.

I've moved this discussion to our Ask A Benefits Advisor category. @BenefitsTrainingCo, can you help? 
    Liam
  • twister
    twister Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    would encourage you to seek help from local support agency or CAB and get them to phone the DWP whilst you are there - it may be that the letter has an error in the details for example day award runs from from what you have written it sounds procedural rather than anything else have you tried to call them first thing, if you get no joy try contacting the Tribunal Service.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tm4rw.

Welcome to our site I do hope that we can help you ???

This is a new one on me but I am very pleased that you have been moved to our Benefits Advisory Category.

Please please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with ???

Steve.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Tm4rw

Corrections are only usually made where a decision contains a clerical mistake or some kind of accidental error such as a typo. Corrections aren't usually used for an error of law or when the DWP might be applying for leave to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. So hopefully it is just a technicality and the decision will be corrected allowing for the DWP to pay you what you are owed.

If this doesn't happen then do let us know!

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.