Hi, my name is linzi. id like some advie on sick notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is linzi. id like some advie on sick notes

linzi
linzi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi, id like some advice on sick notes when claiming employment support allowance. I received a late payment as my sick note ran out on 17th may. I provided a sick note after that which went from 31st may to 31st june, and and I was paid straight away. however I have now received a letter saying I need a sicknote from 17th june, and my doctor wont provide a backdated 1 as I still have active 1 till 31st. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  @linzi

A very Big welcome to our site/ online comm@

Please have a look on our "Benefits Advisory se@linzi74

Please please let me have into look at your "Sick Notes"

I will get back to you asap if that is ok ???
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @linzi:

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having.

I'm going to move your question to our Ask a Benefits Advisor section to see if they can help with some advice/

Excellent to have you here.
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Which ESA group have you been placed in? I believe that if you are in the support group the DWP stop asking for fit notes ( as they are now known) 
  • callumchilled
    callumchilled Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    edited June 2017
    Hi Linzi,

It looks like you have a gap from the 17th May, to the 31st May. They may have assumed that your Fit note was for 1 month from the 17th May. You may need to phone them, and get another fit note from the 17th to the 31st May.

hope this helps

callum
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    linzi - I agree with Callum, it looks as if there is a gap - you haven't got a sick note covering 17th to 31st May.

I'd suggest:

• get in touch with the DWP (by phone if you can) and say you ARE covered for 17th June, that is covered by an active sick note for the whole of the month so the doctor won't reissue it
    • you'll get back to them with a backdated one for 17th-30th May inclusive.
    I hope your GP will provide that. 

You have to continue providing sick notes until you have a work capability assessment and a decision that you have limited capability for work or limited capability for work-related activity.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.