angela49 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

angela49

Options
angela49
angela49 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have my leg in a bandage due to his I am unable to wear my shoe or walk properly I have to keep going to my Doctors to get it changed it is costing me a lot  cab fairs to from the doctors and I also have other appointments so is there any way I can borrow a mobility  scooter for at least the next month or so please  

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi angela49,

I don't know of any statutory schemes where you can lease a mobility scooter for this short period of time. If you get PIP enhanced mobility component or the higher rate mobility component of DLA, then of course you could consider using the Motability scheme but it sounds as if that isn't what you want to do?

I think if you are looking for something shorter and more informal then you need to talk to either the NHS or a disability advice service locally. The Scope helpline could signpost you to local advice services.

0808 800 3333

Sorry I can't be more help!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.