pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal

Options
jjdd70
jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
hello all we my husband after all this time since october we had his tribunal today leeds
well i must say he got what he was entilited to standard and standard
i must state i was down has his representative and at appeals now the representative are not allowed to speak at all so this is a word of warning to any one going to appeals,
any person down for representative are not allowed to speak at all until right at the end and you are not allowed much to say so i hope this helps anyone who was wondering what happens good luck anyone going to appeals

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jjdd70,

It's great to hear that your husband had a successful tribunal today - congratulations!

Thanks for letting our online community know about representatives. Do you have any other hints and tips about tribunals to share?
    Liam
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    edited July 2017
    Options
    just that it doesn't matter who you have down has a representative they are told soon has they go in, you are not allowed to talk unless we ask you too, that was the judges words yesterday so anyone that has CAB members going with them please do not **** that member off for not speaking because they can not speak at allow had a judge a doctor and a member from carers side dwp person didn't turn up ,they are very tough cookies they tend to repeat questions and they can make you feel small, but don't be put off if you are disabled and struggle everyday with your disability fight on because disabled people are entitled to pip i do believe there was many people on dla that shouldn't have been, like i read on a certain page FC someone was disappointed he had lost his appeal due to been on dla indefinite for having 1 finger missing, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.