DLA PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA PIP

Options
travis20
travis20 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Carer for my 86 year old father. Have a couple of illness related disabilities and having trouble with the DWP relating to my DLA/PIP.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @travis20 welcome to the community.  Do you want to tell us a bit more and maybe we can help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @travis20

I hope you're well. Have you had your PIP Assessment yet?

Where do things stand?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi travis20 - if you could send us a bit more information via the Ask a Benefits Adviser forum, then I'm sure we could give you some helpful advice! 
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @travis20.

It's great to meet you !!!!

How are things with the DWP ????

Has your DLA/PIP been sorted ????
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @travis20
    PIP is a marathon. Exhausting, frustrating and an endurance sport. One we do not do by choice and I totally sympathise. But! Keep cracking on with it, jumping through hoops as it will very likely be worth it. It is really hard but don't let his put you off or make you wonder if you 'deserve' it or are 'entitled'. Eventually you will get the help you need and deserve and it will make life a little easier. 

Best of luck, do let us know if you need help. When I felt I couldn't take it anymore I called the Scope helpline. There's also lots of info here as pointed out above. 

Take care

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.