LEGAL HELP REQUIRED ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LEGAL HELP REQUIRED ??

Options
kevk
kevk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Same old story, PIP problems.  Lies, misrepresentation, intimidation.  Appeal adjourned because part of my papers weren't in the courts bundle, both myself and my chaperone had complete copies ??  Cut it short the Judge was not pleased.  On the adjournment notice it states that I have offered 22 new pages of evidence, simply not the facts.  To add insult the Judge then requested all medical records, app letters, etc from 2015 onwards.  I'm sure it states DO NOT SEND MEDICAL LETTERS on the website !!!  Need legal advice ASAP as I'm quoting rulings from the Upper Tribunal.  Gono try Merseyside Law Centre but it's a drama getting there.  Anyone please help ??  Cheshire  CW2.

Comments

• RSISolutions
    RSISolutions Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
    Options
    If you have house insurance or car insurance check it for legal costs. 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kevk,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with PIP. I've moved this to our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where one of our community advisors may be able to offer further support.

@BenefitsTrainingCo, can you help?
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi kevk

Crikey, must have been an ordeal.

Tribunals expect further evidence to be sent in at least seven days before the hearing because there's very limited time for reading on the day. I'm not sure whether you did this and the pages weren't passed onto the Tribunal or whether you were unaware. 

It's definitely best to get some help from someone experienced in attending tribunals. Not least it's very difficult for us to advise on individual cases on these threads.

Merseyside Law Centre sounds like a very good idea. Failing that the Scope helpine should be able to direct you to another service.

Good luck
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.