Success - backdated payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Success - backdated payments?

Richarj2
Richarj2 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Finally received a letter from DWP stating they will not be appealing the tribunal decision. What next and do I get my disability working tax credits backdated?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    That is great news! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    @Richarj2

Congratulations!

I suggest that you re-post in Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I have moved it for you, you dont need to repost :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Richarj2

It is great to hear that your appeal was successful and HMRC will not be taking any further action.  Yes, if you are owed any money HMRC should calculate the arrears that you are owed and credit these to your bank.  It can take 4-6 weeks for arrears to e issued though. 

Maria Solomon
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Good news
    V.shaw
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Richarj2,

Yes - to confirm, if the appeal decision means you were entitled to WTC on the basis of being a disabled worker going back to the date of the original decision, you should get backdated WTC. Assuming you've continued to work the same hours, your ongoing payments of WTC should be reinstated, too.

As Maria says, it can take a while for this to happen, but after a few weeks it may be worth ringing the Tax Credit Helpline to check that they know you are receiving your disability benefit again, and that you got arrears of that benefit going back to the date of the original decision.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Richarj2.

Well done that is Great news I'm so pleased for you !!!!!

Yes keep on there toes & if there is anything that we can help you with please let us know !!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.