Medical review for PIP was over a week ago - how long until the decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical review for PIP was over a week ago - how long until the decision?

Options
gazza47
gazza47 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my wife went for her medical review for pip just over a week ago.... As I am her carer I had to take her in her wheelchair as she has very little mobility.... Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it normally takes for a decision.... The interview went very well and the nurse was so nice and she awarded my wife quite a high score... Any information would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Gazza and welcome
    Usually decision is 2-4 weeks after assessment. Have you requested a copy of the HCP report ?
    This will give you an indication of the recommeded points, DM's usually, but not always make decision in line with this 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gazza47
    Options
    No i asked the nurse about that when we were there and she told us it wouldn't be available until after a decision has been made which was a bit weird..... But she showed us the points she scored for my wife and explained everything clearly, as I said it was quite a high score
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    You should ring the DWP  and ask for the report. For PIP the report is usually available 2-4 days after the assessment and can be sent before the decision is made
  • gazza47
    Options
    Ok I'll do that on monday thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    Your welcome, let me know if I can help with anything else

CR
  • gazza47
    Options
    Oh just one more thing while I'm here..... I applied for carers allowance nearly 7 weeks ago now and still heard nothing, when I rang them they just told me that I was in a queue and had to wait my turn... Is this normal?
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    The Carers unit usually process a claim in 4 weeks, however, much of the DWP is under strain and with holidays thrown in there are delays. You should keep in touch with them, often you will see a result in council tax first as they are notified electronically.
  • gazza47
    Options
    Don't understand what council tax has to do with it sorry
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    any change in benefit is sent to council in regard of CT reduction
  • gazza47
    Options
    Oh I see, well we had our c/tax award a couple of weeks ago, and we have to pay a bit towards it but not much, so I'm thinking that's what we're having to pay anyway for the time being and then maybe a bit more once my award notice comes through
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    It was partly due to reading CT that I started on my benefit journey, I wanted to find out about the mythical figure the the government says I need to live on and why I wasn't getting that money
  • gazza47
    Options
    Well hopefully I'll hear something soon, I've not had any money for myself in nearly two months, so I'm getting a bit fed up with it now.... But thanks for all your advice I really appreciate it
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    No problem, I will help anyway I can. Normally I am about here most mornings

CR
  • gazza47
    Options
    Ok I'll keep that in mind, thanks
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @gazza47, welcome to Scope's online community!

I'm glad you found @CockneyRebel's advice useful. It can take between six to eight weeks to find out the result of a PIP assessment. However, if you need to find out more about the status of your claim, then the contact info for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gazza47

It's great to meet you.

By the looks off things @CockneyRebel has helped you.

Please please let me know if I can help you further.

• gazza47
    Options
    Thankyou all for your advice its appreciated..... Still no change though I'm afraid, my wife is still waiting to hear about hers, and I've still not heard about my carers allowance claim, I'm into my 8th week now..... Complete joke
  • Liam_Alumni
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for answers, @gazza47.

@BenefitsTrainingCo, do you have any ideas of other ways you can find out the decision?
    Liam
  • gazza47
    Options
    just been on the phone to them about carers allowance and they said my claim is now being dealt with and i should get a decision in the next week or two
  • Liam_Alumni
    Options
    That's great news, @gazza47 - do keep us posted!
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.