PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Medical evidence for PIP when my son doesnt see psychologist any more

angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello I'm new here, quick question, my son is autistic and due early next year for his pip review, problem is he no longer sees his psychologist as he had the max number of appointments allowed, so now has no way of getting medical evidence for his review, and the letter his psychologist gave him to claim pip the first time is over six months old so pip won't accept that now so I've heard, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks everyone 

Replies

• steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ angnryan

A very big welcome to you & we hope that we can offer you both help & support with this ????

Please please head over to our "website / home page" where you will find lots of info on "PIP"

We also have a "Benefits Advisor" who can help you with this!!!

Please let us know if we can help you further with this ????

• Kim BaileyKim Bailey Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi wonder if I can help you need to keep all forms from when he did see a psychologist as that is all I had.also just write a letter to say he doesn't see ... person any more and anything else write it all 
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,316 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @angnryan Yes they will accept evidence from 6 months ago. I had evidence going back 46 years. if you are honest and say why he doesn't see his psychologist at present that will be fine. It's more about how his disability affects him day to day. Good Luck..
Sign in or join us to comment.