What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

I had my assessment 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet - is the report available for everybody?

Replies

• shell63shell63 Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi I am new on here and finding the site very helpful I had my face to face 4 weeks ago and not heard nothing yet..I noticed that cockney Rebel mentioned you could ask for the report is this available for every body...Thank-you shell63..
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @shell63

Yes, you can request a copy of the HCP report.

Either call the DWP on 0345 608 8545 or even better, write them a letter to your local benefit centre (the address on the top right of your letters).

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
    Ok Thank-you Mary..I am not able to really write letters as I have a lot of tremors or shakes when I try to relax..it has taken me 3 attempts to write this txt..it is so annoying and struggle trying to explain it to people..thanks again Mary..
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @shell63

I phoned PIP the day after my assessment to request a copy of report and it arrived 10 days' later.
    Ohh right and it was no problem asking for it...how long before they got in touch with you about the results..hope it all went ok for you..shell...
    The decision letter arrived about a week after the report.  I was awarded standard both components.  I appealed and was awarded enhanced both components by a Tribunal.

I am sorry think I am getting confused..again.. my face to face was for new of ESA I am getting really confused with it all..I was on invadility and DLA..all these different names are really confusing me but I think my face to face was weather I can work or not..I no it is all about ESA and JSA so I will ring up and see if the number you have supplied is for my assessment..Thank-you for all your help..I really wish I had found this site months ago thanks again..shell...
  • pepe14pennypepe14penny Member Posts: 3 Listener
    matilda i was awarded enhanced under both care and mobility.  i've no idea how much it is?
    i received both decision and the report together, approximately 2 weeks after my assessment. i assumed everybody was treated the same.  but i feel now that it seems to differ across the country. in london i got no help at all. they stopped my esa, as a result i lost my home.  i fought for a year to get it re-instated.  it was only after i got my mp involved that it was.  then i moved to kent.  the attitude and help i've been offered here is so totally opposite to london. plus i've gone in a 40 min assessment from the lowest level of dla to enhanced pip.  i cried for 2 days.  i couldn't believe how kind the assessor and the team has been.
    @pepe14penny

Really pleased to hear that you had a very good outcome eventually  :)
  • scshaun1985scshaun1985 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    All reports for PIP and ESA are yours to ask for and if you do not agree with it do not mess about just hit the court with the tribunal/court papers. dwp will only mess you around till your out of time. writing loads of letters that you then have to respond too just write one stating your case and why your bringing it to the tribunal and they will ether try to settle with you which they have to try to do in any case or try prove your disability isnt that and if you can prove it you will win dont be scared. 
  • lixsharp13lixsharp13 Member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hi i went for a pip assesment and was awarded standard. I asked them to reconsider but they said no so i am going to tribunal . I am waiting for the date. I have had all the paperwork back from the dwp as to why they dont think im entitled to enhanced rate and theres quite a few lies in it. I am terrified about the tribunal and feel traumatised. Any advice please? 
    @lixsharp13

Here's what I wrote on another thread (edited).

Tribunals are independent of the DWP and are impartial.  A Tribunal Hearing is like a second assessment except that its members have no agenda (unlike the assessors).  The Tribunal are there to assess what you are able and unable to do and decide whether to allow your appeal.  Around 65% of appeals succeed.

Only once did the Tribunal refer either to the assessor's report or the DWP award letter.  When the doctor picked up on the assessor's question about how long could I walk for.  If you get this question, state the time it takes you to walk 20 or 50 metres, or whatever distance you can walk, on a bad day before you need to stop and rest.

Some Tribunals ask how you travelled to the Hearing.  Don't drive yourself - take a taxi if necessary.  Tribunal might ask you to describe a typical day.

i wasn't asked either of these questions myself but the judge began by asking how my health had been over the past year.  Then the doctor asked what the hospital outpatient dept do for me (medication and other treatment).

The doctor put their questions, with the judge coming in with questions that occurred to him.  Then the disability person put their questions, again with the judge coming in.  The Hearing lasted 30 minutes - but times can vary.

My Tribunal gave me a grilling but allowed my appeal.  I went from standard rate both components for five years to enhanced rate both components indefinitely.

Scope have a guide to PIP appeals - look under Advice and info.  As do DWP and CAB websites.

Good luck with your Hearing!

• wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,316 Pioneering
    @lixsharp13 If the thought of going to tribunal is so awful you can continue to try and get your points increased. Don't cancel your Appeal just continue working towards that but DWP can change your award even after the Mandatory Reconsideration, in fact anytime up to the date of your Tribunal. The first thing would be to complain to your assessment company about the lies, even if it just a phone call or email so you can tell DWP you're not happy and have complained. Next you can book a call back from a Decision Maker at DWP to discuss why they have only given you standard rate PIP and if there is any further evidence they would need to look at your claim again. Most people don't know that you can continue to send in evidence after the MR but you need to get an agreement with a DM to do this. Decision Maker's are human, I found them very nice and wanting to get things right. The problems lie with the assessor's. DWP don't want so many people going to Appeal as it shows they're not doing their job properly but their hands are tied as they have to go with what the assessor's tell them. Just be aware that any more reviews of your claim technically will involve looking at the whole thing again so there may be a slight risk of losing the points you've got. It all depends how strong your present position is regarding what you've already got. It is, however, another option for fighting back against the lies that people aren't aware they can do. Go with whatever is right for you.    
    Hi sorry I not been on sooner I have been bad..I got my ESA support group back..big relief ..the only thing is they not mentioned back pay from January when it all started me having to go job center, I was on same money but the hassle and hardship of going, when I got my appeal papers they dropped my money think £140.00 ISH a month but did not have to go job center..I failed that and for some reason I had to go for another face to face and just found out I passed that one..so they gave me a month what they owed me, so now I don't no weather to ring up and ask about going back to January, or do I just leave things as they are..I don't won't to ring up and they take it off me..appreciate any feedback back Thank-you..xx
    Thankyou that was very helpful wildlife :)
    Thankyou too Matilda its all so daunting but i know i should go through with it  as long as i dont have a breakdown in the meantime working my self up :)
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi shell63 - I'm not quite sure about the sequence of events that happened to you, but I'm glad you have your ESA sorted out now. If you were on Support Group rate before, or you were transferred from Incapacity Benefit, then I don't see why you should experience any overall loss of benefit. However, sometimes the detail and paperwork need to be looked at by an adviser face to face, to sort out the timeframe of everything, and see if you have in fact been underpaid. If you have received a decision that you have been placed into the Support Group, then you are not going to have it taken away if you make an enquiry about it, so I would definitely  ring and ask if you are due any backdating, and ask them to send you written confirmation of their decision about your claim and the dates concerned. You can contact the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 and ask them to find out if there are any local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice that might be able to help you with backdating if you think you are owed some, but definitely make the call first. Make a note of the date and time you call, who you speak to, and what is is said. Get back to us with some more detail if you would like some further steerage on this.
    Hope this helps,

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
    Thanks Jayne I rang up about my back pay they said I was not allowed back pay from January as I failed my tribunal, my money changed in march down 80?00 a month then a further 80.00 a month.in may, so according to them I only get back pay from beginning ove august when I last my second face to face so I have not got any further with my back pay..Thank-you shell 63..,
Sign in or join us to comment.