What am I entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum

What am I entitled to?

VanessaFerguson Member Posts: 2 Listener
Have have Diabetes since 1971. I now have more than 1 problem with Disability. I am interested in ways to appeal against the goverment cutting down my benefits. I can no longer walk outside my own house due to Diabetic complications. So how can I continue to pay my Mortgage & Untility bills. Can anybody give me any SUPER advise plse. Thank you. ......... Vanessa. ❌ ♿️.


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Vanessa and welcome

    You don't say what if any benefits you claim.
    Put your details into an on line benefit calculator to see what you are able to claim.


    Have self tests for both ESA and PIP which will give you an idea of what you need to qualify for each benefit.

    The criteria for both benefits are both different, even in areas that look the same
    Please ask any questions if we can be of help in any way.


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @VanessaFerguson

    A very big welcome to our online community.

    I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation.

    I have moved your post over to our experts.

    Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

    Can you please please help me with this one ???

    Many thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @VanessaFerguson welcome to the community, as the other members have said it would be worth you checking out the Benefits Calculator here to see what you could be entitled to.
    Senior online community officer
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @VanessaFerguson,

    Following on from the advice given above, with regards to you mentioning ways to appeal benefits decisions, we have plenty on advice on appeals on our website, which might be of interest to you.

    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.