How much a month does the goverment expect as Disabaled female to live on plse? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much a month does the goverment expect as Disabaled female to live on plse?

VanessaFerguson
VanessaFerguson Community member Posts: 2 Listener
How much am I expected to live on each month? I have a Mortgage & Untilities to pay for plse?

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    It depends on your situation. There are benefit calculators out there.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Everyone is in a different situation. Put your details into a benefits calculator
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    @VanessaFerguson
    The benefits calculators are very helpful Vanessa; Depending on what area you live in, and whether youre new to the benefits system, try and avoid your initial claim being for Universal Credit if possible?  If you are already on esa or similar, you should get continuity of a sort, but I started my first ever claim for benefits last year with UC - no other choice in the area where I live - and Ive found the process over the past 9 months to be ridiculously slow and confusing. Go and speak to CAB as well,  I wish I'd gone to them before claiming, but I didnt understand how it worked at the outset. Good luck, hope it all works out.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @VanessaFerguson

Sound advice above from the Community. Two good calculators are 'Entitled To' and 'Turn 2 Us':-

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/

https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

Unfortunately, none of the benefits account for re-payment mortgages in the way rent is accounted for by Housing Benefit - therefore it may be worth speaking to a Money Adviser about your options there (interest only etc).

Hope this helps, but let us know if you need anything more.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.