Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Fit for Work Assessment - CB ESA Support Group

hookymisshookymiss Member Posts: 6 Listener
My husband has been unable to work since 2001, migrated from Incapacity Benefit to ESA, placed in support group after assessment filled in. We have received a fit for work assessment which I have duly completed. His condition has not improved since the last time we filled a form in which must have been at the time of transition, in fact his mental health is worse now. 

Just wondering if the current award will simply roll on if found not fit for work from the questionnaire? 

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello in theory it should but since his first award a lot of water has passed under the bridge so you will have to wait for the outcome of the acessment, I expect your husband will have a F2F since it’s a long time since his last award. Hope all goes well keep posting and update us of any outcome or concerns you have.
  • DoriFishDoriFish Member Posts: 45 Courageous
    I have just received that form
    I do not trust any of these form to be filled in just by yourself
    I would always recommend to speak to Citizens Advice Bureau to go through it with you
    Good luck
    And look forward to hearing the outcome 
  • miraclemiracle Member Posts: 22 Connected
    Hi @hookymiss, you can download and print the ESA50 Booklet. I would strongly recommend that you do this, because you can use this as a dummy run, and if you make a mistake, or want to change or add something, you can, without spoiling their Booklet. Then, when you have completed it, you can transfer all of the information, into the ESA50 Booklet, that they have sent you. You may think that this is a bit long winded, but trust me, i have just gone through this process myself, and i found, that i was making sure, that i did not miss anything, that i might of done, had i just filled in their Form. Good luck...Miracle
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @hookymiss, I'm my son's appointee and I fillied in the ESA50 last July. We didn't hear anything till January this year and he has just had a Face to face Feb. 19th. I queried the time lapse and found out activity was happening slowly for 6 months with no contact. This is just my experience but might help. If you don't hear for a while it doesn't mean nothing is going to happen as regards a F to F.  
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Some areas are quicker than others, it just depends what backlog is in that area. I returned my ESA50 the beginning of October, had my face to face assessment 7th November. Decision letter 3 weeks later, so very fast process for me.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.