MR

laghzaoui
laghzaoui Community member Posts: 54 Connected
hi all I’m really  sorry if I'm bothering you just I don’t know what to do with my anxiety, basically I applied for pip on 9-8.22 I had phone assessment on 11/10/22 and I had received a letter i it was unsuccessful I get 0 points in both I asked for mandatory Reconsideration I don’t remember maybe last month and I received a text says they we look at my in 4/2/23. I’m so nervous I don’t want to go through Tribunal because I have a lot of health problems. I’m suffering physically and mental , I have lumbago with sciatica,rotator cuff syndrome and Impingement of shoulders bilaterally and fibromyalgia as well as chronic nasal symptoms and IBS 
Mentally I'm suffering from anxiety with depression and am on daily antidepressants.    
My arthritis and fibromyalgia have affected my mobility and I'm using crutches to help me to go around me. I do apologies if there is any mistakes in my spelling I’m not that good in English this other issue
Thank you so much to everyone 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    Only about 23% of MR decisions change but some do have the decision changed at this stage. If you're not happy once the decision is made you can proceed to Tribunal and if you choose either a telephone, video or face to face hearing the chance of success is about 70%.
    Paper based hearings have a much less success rate of around 5-8%.
  • laghzaoui
    Thank you so much poppy!
    I wish this time the decision comes awarded I send them a lot of evidence
  • laghzaoui
    edited January 2023
    Hi, all I hope you are doing well,
    I received a call this morning from PIP
    The lady asked for my bank account details and a few questions, she said I will receive a letter next week. Does mean the decision has been done? 
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    I would say from that phone call that a decision is likely to be made soon. It takes up to 24 hours for it to show on the computer and until it shows they won't be able to tell you. If you want you can ring back in about 24 hours time and ask, if it's been made they will tell you.
  • laghzaoui
    Thank you, Poppy, for your reply 
    I hope tomorrow to hear a good news poppy123456 said:
    I would say from that phone call that a decision is likely to be made soon. It takes up to 24 hours for it to show on the computer and until it shows they won't be able to tell you. If you want you can ring back in about 24 hours time and ask, if it's been made they will tell you.

• laghzaoui
    Update 
    Hi all just I call the pip to ask for the decision and the man said I awarded the pip this Friday ill get paid, honestly I'm not happy with the decision but I can not do anything.
    Thank you to everyone and good luck 👍
  • poppy123456
    laghzaoui said:
    honestly I'm not happy with the decision but I can not do anything.

That's not true, what makes you think that?  Any benefit decision can be challenged. As this is the MR decision you can now proceed to Tribunal.

• laghzaoui
    laghzaoui said:

That's not true, what makes you think that?  Any benefit decision can be challenged. As this is the MR decision you can now proceed to Tribunal.

I still not receive the letter, the man said the amount will be £270, I have a physical health problem and mental health issues I can not do anything my partner does everything for me cooking helping with the bath and dressing. I can't walk without   Crutches.
  • laghzaoui
    laghzaoui said:
    laghzaoui said:

I still not receive the letter, the man said the amount will be £270, I have a physical health problem and mental health issues I can not do anything my partner does everything for me cooking helping with the bath and dressing. I can't walk without   Crutches.
    I can't go through the tribunal because I have to wait a long time to have 4 kids my partner not working because has to look after me and my children. Only I have universal credit. Thank you poppy for your advice!
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    laghzaoui said: I can't go through the tribunal because I have to wait a long time to have 4 kids my partner not working because has to look after me and my children. Only I have universal credit. 
    I don't understand that. Yes there is a wait for a tribunal but that is the only way of challenging a decision following an MR. I can't see the relevance of your family circumstances - if you don't appeal you deprive yourself of the opportunity to increase the award.
    laghzaoui said:
    I still not receive the letter, the man said the amount will be £270, ..
    £270 for what period of time. PIP is paid each 4 weeks and there is no award taht works out as £270 every 4 weeks.

If your PIP award includes the Daily Living element your partner will be able to claim the carer element of UC for looking after you which will increase your UC by £168/week (assuming she doesn't already get the LCWRA herself or the carer).
  • laghzaoui
    calcotti said:
    laghzaoui said: I can't go through the tribunal because I have to wait a long time to have 4 kids my partner not working because has to look after me and my children. Only I have universal credit. 
    I don't understand that. Yes there is a wait for a tribunal but that is the only way of challenging a decision following an MR. I can't see the relevance of your family circumstances - if you don't appeal you deprive yourself of the opportunity to increase the award.
    laghzaoui said:
    £270 for what period of time. PIP is paid each 4 weeks and there is no award taht works out as £270 every 4 weeks.

If your PIP award includes the Daily Living element your partner will be able to claim the carer element of UC for looking after you which will increase your UC by £168/week (assuming she doesn't already get the LCWRA herself or the carer).
    Hi Calcotti thanks for the reply 
    I can questions The man on the phone said I will get paid on Friday and the letter it will arrive next week just I want to know if I receive the money how can I do tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2023
    laghzaoui said:
    calcotti said:
    laghzaoui said:

Hi Calcotti thanks for the reply 
    I can questions The man on the phone said I will get paid on Friday and the letter it will arrive next week just I want to know if I receive the money how can I do tribunal 

The reason you're owed money is because you've been awarded. Disagreeing with that decision and requesting the Tribunal will not remove or stop any award you already have. Your award will continue while you wait for the Tribunal hearing.

See link and it will explain how to request the Tribunal. https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision

If you don't fully understand the criteria involved then i'd advise you to get some expert advice before going any further. There's very little point in progressing further if it's not possible to score more points for a higher award (i'm not saying you're not entitled to more points, i don't know anything about how your conditions affect you)
    Start here for some expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

My advice is to wait until you receive the decision letter because at the moment you don't know what you've been awarded or where you scored those points.

• laghzaoui
    Thank you so much for this info I will ask my support worker if she can help me with this. Many thanks, Poppy!
  • laghzaoui
    edited January 2023
    Hi can someone explain me in this I have awarded  pip but I don’t understand because when I count it as 11 but they gave me just 9 points, please see these photos and tell me what you think because I'm confused 
    Thank you 

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    laghzaoui said:
    Hi can someone explain me in this I have awarded  pip but understand because when I count it as 11 but they gave me just 9 points, please see these photos and tell me what you think because I'm confused 
    Thank you

I’m not sure where the confusion is, you was awarded 2 for preparing food, 3 for washing and bathing, 2 for managing toilet needs and 2 for dressing and undressing which gives a total of 9 points hence the standard rate award. Did you get awarded anything for mobility?
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2023
    I can only see 9 points. I can see the bottom page has 3 of the descriptors for the daily living part that are the same as the top page, so you're counting the 2 points for preparing food twice. You've scored..
    Prepering food 2
    washing and bathing 3
    managing toilet 2
    dressing and undressing 2. Total 9 points.
    Please take a closer look.

Even if it was 11 points, that's still only standard daily living. I can also see your full name on the top page so i've flagged it to a member of the scope team.
  • schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 123 Empowering
    edited January 2023
    laghzaoui said:
    Hi can someone explain me in this I have awarded  pip but I don’t understand because when I count it as 11 but they gave me just 9 points, please see these photos and tell me what you think because I'm confused 
    Thank you 

@laghzaoui
    Hi  I think it would have been easier to explain to you if you has posted all the pages in the correct order but obviously blanked your name address and personal details out.
    As @bg844 has explained it is correct that you have a total score of 9 for Daily Living part of PIP.
    I think where you are getting confused with the adding up part is that you are also adding the repeated 2 points for preparing food again to the score of correct score of 9.
    If you read the page after that it will have the scores repeated again. It is just a section reconfirming what the scores where awarded for.
    You haven't posted any of the pages concerning  Mobility but any points awarded for that are not added to the Daily Living award and are a separate award. 
    Hope this explanation helps.
    Kind regards
    Schoolmum
  • schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 123 Empowering
    @poppy123456
    Whoops Poppy we posted at the same time. Snap.
    I hope you and your lovely family are keeping as well as possible.x
  • poppy123456
    schoolmum said:
    @poppy123456
    Whoops Poppy we posted at the same time. Snap.
    I hope you and your lovely family are keeping as well as possible.x

I think you were still typing yours as i posted mine and the page hadn't refreshed :D It happens to me too and sometimes i don't see the other comment until much later lol.

Myself and family are ok, thank you for asking. I hope you and yours are all well too. <3
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 1,306 Empowering

Hello @laghzaoui,

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained your full name. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Tori

Online community team