Pulsatile tinnitus & hearing loss in other ear — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pulsatile tinnitus & hearing loss in other ear

Options
Bobby45
Bobby45 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2023 in Sensory impairments
Just under 5 years ago I suddenly lost my hearing in my left ear and developed pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear.
The GP ignored me for months and so I sought private help and was fitted grommets. I assume it was for the hearing loss as the pulsatile tinnitus carried on. As soon as the grommets fell out I lost my hearing again. I am now not in a position to go private so the NHS have referred me for an MRI & CT scan. The last ENT doctor I saw I could hardly understand because of a language barrier which leads me here! Could the both be related? I can only find I fo on pulsatile tinnitus amd hearing loss in the same ear!

I am reading all sorts on the Internet & wished I hadn't. CT scan tomorrow and MRI isn't until end of March so I've a little wait.

Be i terested to speak to anyone who has these problems in seperate ears! Thanks in advance

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.