If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lwcra MR

Options
hannah143
hannah143 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm really needing some advice about my recent LCWRA MR as I'm not sure how it will affect my recent award.

I had an assessment decision in June 2021 which I was found to have LCW I was really ill and under other personal issues at the time so left the decision. I then had another medical condition worsen in Jan 2022 as was still under investigation  I reported the condition on my journal in march 22 and asked for a new assessment I got a reply off my case manager asking about condition ect and nothing I asked another 4 times for a review over next few months until I finally rang and got a referral in August 22 had assessment in November 22 this is where it gets confusing I was told I'd be rang by the assessment company but  the lady who rang me off my local town number she did an assessment over the phone which took 5 minutes and only wanted to know about my previous condition not the new condition I did ask 3 times if she wanted info in my new condition to which she replied she was not interested and would deal with that after this assesment time frame was over (12 month) she told me she was recommending 12mnth in LCWRA I was confused as this condition had previously been assessed as LCW and I had sent no new evidence to this condition they only had the old evidence from the decision in June 21. I have now asked on Dec 8th for a MR on previous decision of June 21 the lady who done the form was not very nice but said it would more then likely be rejected as it was way over deadline to which I replied I was ill plus how did I know the condition was worthy of LCWRA until I have just been put into it based on same evidence ect, I found out to my suprise after I rang for update last week it has been accepted and I'd with a DM my case manager has said she can escalate it once it gets too a month mark but I don't quite understand as I thought there was no time limit and didn't think MR could be escalated this comment is on my journal for all to see but not sure if this is false info and also how it will affect my current award.

Thank you  

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You cannot, in general, MR a decision more than 13 months after the decision so a request in Dec 2022 for a decision in June 21 is out of time - I’m amazed they have accepted it!

The MR, whatever the outcome, makes no difference to your current award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • hannah143
    hannah143 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the reply calcotti I'm pretty mind blown myself they accepted it as I was sure it would be instantly rejected, I was more worried they would change my recent decision for a worse outcome so that's good to know it will make no difference.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.