If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is adiass! Been a struggle with getting the right answers from the people at UC

Options
adiass
adiass Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Been a struggle with getting the right answers from the people on the phone to UC,  3 people, 3 days on holllddd same 3 questions 3 different confusing answers makes me think they do this on purpose or there training is asking Google 😆 so i will  try you guys by the looks of it i should of come here first😂
Tagged:

Comments

• adiass
    adiass Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My question i that ive been waiting for 2 yrs for them to finally come to a decision if im accepted for this now i have been accepted ive been told that you are supposed to get the higher rate of money and it should be backdated to the date i first apply now it is UC fault uts taken this long to sort it out as they missed the appointment (assessment ) on me 4 times i should never of been on jobseekers rate at all anyway but here we are ive been told im to get 23 months of backdated money = nearly £9000 (1st phone call) they never backdate that long only 3 months (2nd phone call) yes you will get some backdate but not all of it only what they want you to have and you wont get it until you been paid up to 4 months of the higher rate of UC PLEASE NORMAL HUMANS HELP ME WITH THIS REALLY CONFUDULATION THEY HAVE MADE 4 ME CHEERS ADIASS
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will only be entitled to extra money if you were found to have Limited capability for work related activity. (LCWRA) If you were found to have Limited capability for work (LCW) there's no extra money each month.

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you first reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your work capability assessment.

If you were found to have LCWRA then when it's paid from will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. As you haven't given any information about dates it's impossible to advise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.