LCWRA/pip spare room

Options
kebabs2u3
kebabs2u3 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
Hi I hope I’m in the right section, i currently recive LCWRA and pip, I live in a 2 bedroom flat, I’ve always had the deduction for the spare room, last month after receiving pip I had a note on my journal asking ..tell us whether you use an extra bedroom because of your disability, I do and said I have done for the last year.. this month they have not taken off the deduction for the spare room, what I’m very grateful for, however a friend said I should of had that backdated? Could any great mind on here advise me if that is true? Thank you in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,306 Championing
    Options
    Yes, it can be backdated to the start of your PIP award. Any money owed is paid separately to your usually monthly money and can take a few weeks to pay what is owed. First they need to recalculate your past statements to work out exactly how much you've been paid against what you should have been paid, you will then receive the difference between the 2. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe.
  • kebabs2u3
    kebabs2u3 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advise again poppy I will just leave the dwp to do the maths then,  thanks again