If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility car

Options
Toffee2022
Toffee2022 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi guys I hope everyone is good. Finally picked up mobility car yesterday metallic black 208 Peugeot. It's awesome myself and my husband are mobile again. I don't drive my husband does. I was wondering will they take first mobility payment on 27 th Feb as that's when get my next pip payment. Any advice welcome thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, they will at least take part payment but can't remember exactly what they took for my first payment back in 2016. Peugeots care lovely cars! Enjoy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee2022
    Options
    I will and thank you
  • carcari
    carcari Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Out of interest how long have you waited for your car. My husband has just passed his test 😁 and are looking into the mobility scheme at the minute 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    carcari said:
    Out of interest how long have you waited for your car. My husband has just passed his test 😁 and are looking into the mobility scheme at the minute 
    It will vary considerably depending on the make/model and spec of vehicle you choose. Best thing would be to speak to a dealer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee2022
    Options
    Hi we were lucky the car we got was ordered by someone else and they pulled out so we only waited since middle January. We didn't have to pay advance either but there are cars that you do have to
  • carcari
    carcari Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks for the info 😊
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.