Personality disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personality disorder

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
I have EUPD.  Emotionally Unstable personality disorder. 

Comments

• paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 , pleased to meet you. 
  • paries1
    Options
    Hi strawberry1 
    are you in any therapy for it ? I had mentalisation based therapy for 2 years but it was hopeless and had a therapist that actually made me worse . 
    I also have recurrent depressive disorder and panic disorder . It’s awful isn’t it . Fine 1 minute then different the next . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 , I'm waiting for therapy.  I've had lots of types of therapy but I had to stop it half way through I was finding it hard to talk about stuff . I was told once I could have recurrent depressive disorder by one therapist. I probably have a mixture of mental health problems. I do have anxiety and I do panic in a lot of situations , lots of things overwhelm me too . 
  • paries1
    Options
    I know I get really overwhelmed easily too . Apparently the best therapy for EUPD is DBT but the waiting list was 2 yrs . I hate the name BPD , EUPD describes it much better . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @paries1, sorry for my late reply I'm not sure what sort of therapy it's going to be to be honest . I will just have to wait and see . As soon as I was told about EUPD when I got home I checked it out on the Internet and couldn't believe all the stuff it said and how I could see those things in myself.  Good chat today . Thanks for your time today.  Take care of yourself. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Have you found out any further information yet @Strawberry1? It sounds like a relief that you were told about EURPD and could see those things in yourself  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.