Can someone help me please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone help me please

Options
bubblecake263
bubblecake263 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi! Please be gently with me…I’ve got UC and was awarded Limited Capability for Work and Work-Related Activity (LCWRA) this afternoon I received to do list asking me to provide fit note? Even though I was told before that I won’t need to provide fit note anymore…

this happens before last year as they message me saying I don’t need to provide fit note since I’m on LCWRA ( there’s always a different staff name ) but now I’m so confused that’s making me feel anxious and honestly getting panicky over this. 

Should I be worry? 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bubblecake263 and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you today?

I'm glad you found us so we can help put your mind at rest. Until you have received the LCWRA decision letter on your journal, then you should continue to provide fit notes. However, if the letter has already been uploaded then there is no need. 

Has the letter been uploaded? And no, please don't worry - you have done nothing wrong  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you so much for replying! I’ve been getting so anxious that no one would reply! 

And yes I was awarded the LCWRA they upload the letter on my journal saying since I’ve been awarded I don’t need to provide any fit note… but I received a to do list stating to provide the fit note 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    This has happened to others too. Put a message on your journal and tell them you do not need to provide any further fit notes because you've already been found to have LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @poppy123456 I have messaged them but I can’t help but get worried now. As it happens before, last year July..after telling them on journal and told them I got awarded  LCWRA and they have upload the letter on my Journal. 

they messaged saying to ignore the to do list as it was mistakes… but now since everything is happening with changes to uc I can’t help but get worried that they will stop my UC 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The changes that were announced during the budget are not due to start taking place until 2026/27 for new claims and as late as 2029 for exisiting claims. They may not even take place at all. At the moment, there's nothing to worry about because nothing will change anytime soon.

As you received a message telling you to ignore what it says on your to do list then you should just ignore it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @poppy123456

sorry I meant to say they said to ignore the to do list which was last year as it happen before just not sure if they made the mistake again today…

im sorry being like this I tend to get anxiety over things like this.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's alright @bubblecake263 I hope you're finding the forum helpful and reassuring, anxiety can be difficult to manage. Do you have any coping strategies you like to use?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bubblecake263
    Options
    @Alex_Scope I’m still trying to cope with anxiety but once I try and keep myself calm or distracted it’s too late? I end up getting panic attack, as last night I couldn’t sleep at all because of my anxiety.

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that, that's no fun :( If you regularly get panic attacks, do you have support at home, or from your GP for managing things?

I do know that Mind have some helpful guidance on managing panic attacks, which you might find useful.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• bubblecake263
    Options
    @Alex_Scope I was given medication which I take in the night, but when the anxiety or panic attack happen it’s too late to do manage it…i try and focus on something else but the overthinking of being in trouble or the UC will cancel my payments..it’s just drive me crazy. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    It can be especially hard when you're feeling overwhelmed @bubblecake263 I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with it. I'm sure plenty of our members can relate to feeling anxious about being in trouble or cancelled payments. You're not alone here :)

If you need us, the community is here to talk things through. It's positive to hear your GP has provided medication for you to take, and perhaps you could ask for a review to chat about how hard it is to stop overthinking?
    Scope

• bubblecake263
    Options
    I have tried that with my gp, and he did mention that the new medication will take some time for it to work. That I shouldn’t be getting anxiety or panicky so I have no idea. 

But last night it was one of those day where you can’t help it no matter what I do. 

I did call the UC through text relay as that’s the only way I can communicate, and I was told just to ignore the to do list that apparently it’s the system that sent out automatically…I have put a note in my journal but since last month they haven’t replied to any of my messages…so I shouldn’t be worried right? Since I was told to ignore the to do list and not getting any reply since I’m on LCWRA…
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bubblecake263 If they told you to ignore and those messages are in the text relay I wouldn't worry. I had many messages and then an "ignore that" when I was on limited capability to work! Automated systems hey? 

I hope you are able to find a coping strategy, have you been looking around the community? we've talked about a few before like journaling, colouring books, Netflix, painting nails...etc. It can be a little trial and error and sometimes feels a little strange. I was once given the suggestion to belt out a power song, don't think my neighbours appreciated that!  :D Hopefully something clicks soon as well as the medication :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

• bubblecake263
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope yep apparently it’s the system doing it automatically even those who are on lcrwa will get them but to ignore them, so that’s what I’m gonna do even though I still feel anxious about it. 

I’ve tried colouring books, journal, reading books even drawing and knitting. Sometimes they work but when I’m overwhelmed with anxiety I don’t know how to control it I just break down, 😅
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @bubblecake263 computers hey? supposed to help and you spend more time wondering why they are confusing you!  :D 

I find a few things works for me in some situations and not in others. Sounds crazy but if I feel overwhelmed I get in the shower, haha. I then have to make myself go through my usual routine and I find I slow myself down and feel refreshed afterwards :) Do you find things like showering, baths or bath bombs help relax you? I was recommended candles and thought me? and fire? nope! 😅 but if you feel calmer by scents that may be one to try?
    Hannah - She / Her

• bubblecake263
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope oh! I tried the shower one but in the end i end up sweating so much more, to the point where my shirt is wet. And with the bath is the same thing. I don’t like bath bombs, they make my skin itch like crazy! 😂
     The only thing that do help me day by day when I’m not overwhelmed with anxiety is scented lavender which I use everyday, especially my room
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Oh no, at least that was on tried! If you like lavender, quite a few heritage sites, national trust, national gardens...etc plant lavender. I went to a national trust site last spring with walks through fields of lavender and it smelt amazing! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.