can the LCWRA group be sanctioned ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can the LCWRA group be sanctioned ?

Options
andrew18
andrew18 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
i have been awarded LCWRA today but G4S are still expecting me to go to their appointments until they tell me otherwise, i just want it all over, thinking of going to one more appointment and then say i will not be coming again, i am going to phone UC tomorrow but though to also ask on here, from my understand is that i can no longer be sanctioned if i am in the LCWRA group, is this true, i also get PIP and i am still covered with a fit note, this G4S is a restart scheme that someone at the job centre who was power hungry put me on, the restart scheme is meant for people who are well and needed help to find work, i live each day in pain, so would love to know what you lovely people think, thank you for any help 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are correct, you can't be sanctioned because you have no work commiments. You no longer need to send any further fit notes. The reason they are still asking you to attend is most likely because UC haven't contacted them to cancel it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andrew18
    andrew18 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    follow up, i phoned UC about G4S and they said i no longer needed to go, i did let G4S that no longer want to attend, they did try and say i needed to attend, but it ended with me saying UC pay me the money and they said i no longer need to go to G4S, pointing out G4S can no longer effect my money so leave me alone, i did at first offer to show the UC81 PFD you get, even sent it them but they did not want it from me, it took about two weeks for G4S to play catch up and get a letter from DWP letting them know i am now in the LCWRA group, and ended with G4S phoning me up asking to i want to stay with G4S, i so no thank you, do not get me wrong the people i spoke to at G4S was very nice a lot better than what i ever had at the job centre but i live with a debilitating problem and not well and want to try and get back some quality of life and not think as much on money problems, thank you poppy123456 for you answer 
  • memyheadandaye
    memyheadandaye Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I've been having some problems regarding the restart program, I've been awarded lcwra element of uc & also recieve pip  but I keep getting letters, emails & tx msgs from restart threatening me with sanctions & saying its mandatory for me to participate but I was referred when I was on jsa but that claim was ended as I had a fit note for longer than 12wks & missed one of my fortnightly signing dates so it was closed, i stopped receiving jsa payments & I had to make a fresh claim for uc, which I did 3weeks after my jsa stopped & had medical certificates to cover me then was awarded lcwra on my fourth assessment period but whilst I was having trouble accessing help to claim restart did not want to know & I heard nothing, now my uc is up & running they are harassing me with threats to sanction me, a work coach told me I didn't have to atterlnd & I need not worry about restart however another work coach recently said that work coach had no right or business telling me that & that I do have to attend,  It is having such a detrimental impact on my mental health, it really  affects me negatively & is causing my depression to worsen I can't get a definitive answer, I struggle to get myself thru a day without having to worry my income will be taken because u can't function like an average healthy person, I feel I'm being punished for being unwell, If I could wake up & get on with life no problem, dont they realise that's a dream, a fantasy, a fairytale that will never be true for me, don't they realise if I could be well by clicking my fingers I would ...I'd also sell the formula & make my millions from the cure then give it out for free like smarties if it was that easy!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @memyheadandaye as you have LCWRA then you can't be sanctioned. Put a message onto your journal and tell them that you're being harrassed by restart program and can they please contact them to update them on your LCWRA award. This will hopefully stop them from contacting you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.