Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
cricket007
cricket007 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, 
I applied for UC on 31/08/22 and immediately made them aware of my health conditions limiting my ability to work and provided my first fit note on 22/9/22. I had my WCA on 14/3/23 and received confirmation I had been awarded LCWRA on 17/3/23. My assessment period is from 7th-6th. Will I receive a backdated payment? 

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,712 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi it looks like you have sent a duplicate of this message. Please try and only post once but we understand that sometimes this can't be helped. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cricket007 - & welcome to the community. There's a 3 month waiting period, with payment being made in the 4th month, providing you have given fit notes continuously with no gaps. From the dates you have given then monies will be owed from Jan 13th 2023.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cricket007

Welcome to the community :) I have merged all your threads together and deleted duplicated messages so it should all be in one place for you now. I see chiarieds has answered your query, congratulations on getting your award, how are you feeling? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.