I haven't been paid carers allowance and child benefit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I haven't been paid carers allowance and child benefit

char1980 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I get paid my carers allowance and child benefit on a Saturday but I've not been paid today 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 8
    Saturday isn't a payment date which DWP or HMRC use. You will only receive your money on a Saturday because your bank release the funds early and your payment date would be a Monday.

    However, because Yesterday and Monday are both bank holidays you should have received your money on Thursday so please check your bank incase you missed the payment on that day. If it's not there then you will need to contact them both on Tuesday when they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Payment dates are odd this weekend.  I should get housing benefit on bank holiday Monday, but got it on Thursday this week, which I was expecting.

    However I usually get ESA on a Tuesday, so didn't expect any change there.  Yet it was paid yesterday, bank holiday Friday!  Very strange.  :o


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.