Hi, my name is Popsicle_171! I feel lonely & lost. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Popsicle_171! I feel lonely & lost.

Options
Popsicle_171
Popsicle_171 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am really struggling to make friends where I live. I'm shy anyway but losing my confidence every day. My young son is autistic, non-verbal and epileptic. He communicates by screaming, for when hes sad and happy. He also use his mouth for everything sensory. This meant biting people aswell. I feel so lonely and not sure how to deal with this. 
I get looked at as parent raising my son wrong. I have tried everything he wont speak, he wont stop biting, hitting people or screaming. I have all professionals involved, now I hate leaving the house. I hate going anywhere because I get dirty looks from strangers. At home my son throws his toys and breaks items, or will chew anything. I dont want to buy anything new in house as it will be broken in under hour. I feel judged on everything I do.

My son is happy and I cater to everything he needs. I have just lost all my confidence and pride in myself.

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,725 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Popsicle_171 Welcome to the Community. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. Have you ask for any help for yourself? You are a great mum and if your son is happy and has everything he needs that is a great achievement for you. Please ask any questions you have.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello there @Popsicle_171 and welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out, it can be difficult when you're feeling isolated, so well done posting. 

Did you know about Scope's Family Services? The team can help provide emotional support through Navigate, so please do have a look if you feel it would help. 

I hope you find spending time on the community reassuring, no one will judge you here and you can always reach out for a chat. I'm moving your post over into Children, Parents and Families, so other members can more easily share their thoughts. 

Please let us know if we can help with anything further :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.