Hi, my name is reggie2345! received an amount of money from carers what happens when I tell uc? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is reggie2345! received an amount of money from carers what happens when I tell uc?

Options
reggie2345
reggie2345 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi Ian getting caters and universal I’ve just been given a large amount of money from carers so what happens with my u/c when I tell them

Comments

• reggie2345
    Options
    Hi I’ve just recieved a amount of money from carers what happens when I tell universal credit 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Carers allowance is deducted in full from any UC entitlement. Were you claiming UC at the time the carers allowance was backdated to?
    Does your UC include the carers element? Do you claim the LCWRA element for yourself?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • reggie2345
    Options
    I’ve been getting carers for my partner for over a year we both get u/c I’ve been given a lump of money from carers I phoned them and they said it was right so I phoned universal and they said I won’t get anything this month
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You didn't answer any of my questions..
    Were you claiming UC at the time the carers allowance was backdated to?
    Does your UC include the carers element?
    Do you claim the LCWRA element for yourself?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MrWright
    MrWright Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @reggie2345,

Welcome to the community!

We are thrilled to have you here and look forward to getting to know you better.

Whether you're joining to learn something new, make new friends, or share your own knowledge and experiences, we hope you'll find the community to be a welcoming and supportive place.

Feel free to reach out to any of the community team if you have any questions or concerns.

Once again, welcome to the community and we hope you have a great time here!
    Community connected by disability.

Make friends, share your experiences, get advice you need, and discuss issues that matter to you.
  • reggie2345
    Options
    I’ve phoned universal and they said they will send it to someone but I still haven’t heard anything want it sorting out before it goes in bank absolute night mare

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    UC would usually take money owed to them in instalments not your entire award @reggie2345. Do you know what the lump sum from Carer's Allowance is for if you've been claiming for a year?

If you're able to answer @poppy123456's questions we could help advise you further on this. 

Were you claiming UC at the time the carers allowance was backdated to?
    Does your UC include the carers element?
    Do you claim the LCWRA element for yourself?

Community Manager
    Scope
  • reggie2345
    Options
    Yes I am getting carers I’ve told them but waiting for a reply is like waiting for paint to dry I want it sorting before it goes in bank 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It’s unlikely it will be sorted as a quick process. I know you’re claiming carers allowance but you still haven’t answered my question.
    Were you claiming UC for the whole time the carers allowance is backdated to? 
  • reggie2345
    Options
    Yes I was claiming carers as well 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes I was claiming carers as well 
    Then this means you’ll have an overpayment for UC. You can either keep the lump sum and pay it all back at once to UC. Or they will reduce your UC payments each month until it’s repaid back. 
    Does your UC include carers element? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.