LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

Options
trigger180
trigger180 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I receive universal credit and my assessment period runs from the 19th to the 18th of each month with payment on the 25th.

I was awarded LWCRA on 31st march 2023.

my first sick note was handed in on the 23rd November 2022 and continued with no gaps until my award.

could anyone help when I will receive my first payment and is any back payment owed. It’s so complicated and I get no answers in my journal to anything I ask. 

Thank you so much in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you report your health condition on the same date you sent your first fit note? If so then your waiting period will be Dec to March.. LCWRA starts from March 19th to April 18th and first payment will be 25th April. No LCWRA element is owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @trigger180

Welcome to the community! :) I see poppy has answered your query, congratulations on being awarded LWCRA, I bet you feel so much relief :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • madee93
    madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 Poppy what happens if you send your sick note and report health condition on different days..which date do they go with...and also what happens if you report your health Condition on one date but it says its effective from months/weeks prior to the date you actually reported it? Thanks  
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @madee93, @poppy123456 is moving house at the moment so not around as much sadly!

They will only go back to the date you first reported the change. As long as you reported your fit note within 7 days of reporting your health condition, then they will use when you reported your health condition.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.