Lcwra back payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra back payment

Options
Sonson02
Sonson02 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I’m new to this and I’m so confused 

I have been awarded lcwra from 17th nov 2022

my payment dates are 12th to 12th  
and paid on 19th 

just checked my payments and I received my first lcwra payment this month April 2023(  5 MONTHS LATER ) 

will I get any back dated payment or because it was sorted quickly does it not get back dated 

when I first received letter that I was getting lcwra I thought it would be from the 17th nov but after reading  some questions on here im confused 

Comments

• Sonson02
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Just wanted to add fit note was handed in on 17th nov 2022
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,664 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're paid on the 19th then your assessment periods will be 13th to 12th of every month. You reported your fit note in the middle of assessment period Nov/Dec which doesn't count because it's not a full month.
    Your waiting period will be Dec to March.. LCWRA starts from assessment period March 13th to April 12th and first payment will be 19th April. No LCWRA element is owed.
    If you had reported your fit note at the start of the Oct/Nov assessment period then your first payment would have been 19th March.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sonson02
    Options
    Ahh ok thanks for the update this is what I thought but it’s so confusing isn’t it 

the 3 months waiting period is so strange they should just send you a letter to say you have been awarded lcwra and you will start receiving payments from what ever date 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,664 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Agree, it's very confusing. The decision letters are just standard letters with very little information on them. The same as ESA decision letters.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.