LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
Mrsmooth6731
Mrsmooth6731 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, would it be possible to give me a little information. I’ve been awarded LCWRA.
im trying to work out from when it will be backdated from.
ive been told the start date will be the 10th November 2022, and I’m also told there is a 3 month waiting period . Today’s date is the 23rd April 2023, and my conformation letter came into my journal on the 20th of April. I’ve been made aware my first payment of LCWRA will be made in my Mays universe credit, and if there is any backdated money’s i will be informed.

can you please tell me if I’m entitled to any backdated payments, from the dates I’ve given,it would be a great help.
thank you so very much.
John.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What date do you usually receive your money each month? and did you send fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mrsmooth6731
    Options
    Hi, I receive my money on the 9th of every month, and there are no gaps in my sick notes what so ever, right up to my doision, look forward to your response....
  • Mrsmooth6731
    Options
    Hi poppy, if it help you work it out my assessment period each month is from the 3rd to the 2nd of each month, and my payment date is the 9th of every month.
    i really appreciate all your kind help..
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,119 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mrsmooth6731 - welcome to the community. If I may join in:
    From the dates you've given for your assessment period & payment dates, then payment is due for your AP of 3 Mar - 2 April, with payment on 9 April, so one months backpayment currently due, presuming your first fit note was 10 Nov 2022, & you don't live with a partner who is already claiming the LCWRA element.

• Mrsmooth6731
    Options
    Thanks so much that’s really helpful. How long is the typical waiting time for backdated payments.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take quite a few weeks to pay it. First they need to recalculate your statement to work out how much you have received against what you should have received. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will then be paid into your bank.

You will need to check your next statement to make sure the LCWRA element is added.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mrsmooth6731
    Options
    Thanks for all your help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.