ADP decisions waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADP decisions waiting time

Options
TracieJ
TracieJ Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My Application has only just been picked up by the case manager I was told on the phone that they had to apply for my CHI number wich was on some of the supporting evidence I sent in to them? Do they check with every single applicant GP? how long have people waited after it’s been picked up to get their decision? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've heard it's about 16 weeks, sometimes longer for a decision. I have no idea if they contact anyone for evidence because there's very little known about the process of ADP at the moment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TracieJ
    Options
    thanks It’s a nightmare that’s 5 months Iv waited for it to be picked up last time I spoke to them they said they had everything they needed now they are saying they are waiting to get my CHI number which I provided before they can contact my GP? In total that’s 7 months now Iv been waiting I get there is a back log but there is clearly a flaw somewhere in this new system for it to take so long. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no - yes, system failures are not ideal  :( Hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer @TracieJ. In the meantime, would anything help?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • sunshine2024
    sunshine2024 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Hi, i applied at the start of january and 2nd part later on in january, its been 17 weeks for me and i am still waiting i sent in all the supporting evidence, i called last week to be told its been assigned to a case manager (8 days previously)  but as of yet they have still not requested my medical notes from my doctor i was told if i didn't hear anything to call again in about 4 weeks, but it could be a couple of months before a decision is made as when they request the notes from gp they have 28 days to reply and alot of the time the gp does not reply in that time frame.
  • TracieJ
    Options
    I applied start of November second part start of January was told last week it had been assigned to a case manager the week before. The agent on the call suggested I get a patient summary from my doctor so I’m just waiting for that to email over so I can up load it. Hopefully that will help speed the process up 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.