If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Options
nor
nor Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I'm Nor.  I got a letter from DWP, ESA. I'm not understanding it, plus I didn't get  any  award from them this week.  Thanks in advance. NOR

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It appears that you are receiving new style ESA but have not been placed in the Support Group. If you are not in the Support Group you are only paid new style ESA for a year (as the letter says).

Have you have a decision on the Work Capability Assessment? Do you claim anything else?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • nor
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi . I get pip and AD. Enhanced 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is nothing to do with ESA. I've flagged your comment to a member of the scope team because your NI number is showing in that letter.

Have you also checked entitlement to Universal Credit? It's a means tested benefit so if you live with a partner you'll need to claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming.

If you do claim UC then the ESA will be deducted in full. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nor
    edited May 2023
    Options
    nor said:
    Hi I'm Nor.  I got a letter from DWP, ESA. I'm not understanding it, plus I didn't get  any  award from them this week.  Thanks in advance. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA is a weekly benefit paid every 2 weeks. If you didn't receive a payment when you were supposed to then you'll need to ring them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @nor

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained personal information. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

I can see Poppy has replied to you, so please ask if there's anything else you need :)

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.