If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Repeat WCA review — HELP! I’m anxious

Options
evelyncourtney
evelyncourtney Community member Posts: 12 Connected
hello everyone! i hope you are all keeping well :)

(i already asked this question in someone else’s thread (and got a very helpful answer from the lovely Poppy!); but i‘m reposting my query here for more traffic & to see if anyone’s in the same situation and can provide insight!)

has anyone who’s recently been awarded LCWRA been called for a review yet? i was awarded it in January (three 1/2 months after applying). in my last meeting with my work coach, where she just told me i wouldn’t need to see her anymore, she told me i was due a review in September 2023 iirc

i know that’s a while away, and my situation hasn’t changed for the better (if anything it’s got worse as I have an official dx for two more conditions and am on i’m and ‘heavier’ medication, plus I’m in more intense therapy). but i already have HORRENDOUS (dx’d) ANXIETY and i’m already worrying about it non stop

however, i’ve seen people saying repeat WCAs are still on hold due to the covid backlog. has this been the case for anyone else? has your given time for a WCA passed with reassessment? again it’s ages ago but i’m worried in case they take it away

thanks in advance for your help! this community is wonderful :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,253 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The timescale they've given is just a guide and nothing more. There's been about 3 people in the past 6 months or so here that have said they've received a form but that's it. There's nothing official saying they've restarted back.

They've been suspended for 3 years so when they do start back there will be huge backlogs. As you've only recently had a WCA then it's very unlikely you'll have another one anytime soon.

My last review was March 2020, just before the first lockdown started. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    I had my initial WCA back in maybe April 2022, I only got LCW and that was for 15 months.  Mine is supposed to be due soon (I'd worked it out as May 2023, but clearly that's not 15 months.. so I dunno), but I've not heard a peep from the UC.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Timescales are only ever indicative. Your existing status is ongoing until a review takes place (either started by DWP or as a result of you reporting a change in your condition).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • evelyncourtney
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help everyone  :) I had a paper based assessment in January 2023, so fairly recently. I’m so sorry because this sounds like I’m restating the question (I have a lot of trouble comprehending things haha) but WCAs are currently suspended right? And when they start back up they’ll deal with the people who’ve had LCWRA since 2020? 

I’m really sorry if this doesn’t make a lot of sense or if I’m reiterating the answers I’ve already got. Damn ptsd brain damage  :(
  • evelyncourtney
    Options
    Deal first with* I meant to say 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,253 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help everyone  :) I had a paper based assessment in January 2023, so fairly recently. I’m so sorry because this sounds like I’m restating the question (I have a lot of trouble comprehending things haha) but WCAs are currently suspended right? And when they start back up they’ll deal with the people who’ve had LCWRA since 2020? 

I’m really sorry if this doesn’t make a lot of sense or if I’m reiterating the answers I’ve already got. Damn ptsd brain damage  :(

They are still suspended as has been advised. When they do start back no one knows who they will deal with first. As you've only had your assessment 4 months ago it's unlikely you'll have another soon.

I know it's difficult but please try to relax because there's nothing you can do in the meantime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.