If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Ricardo136! Confirmed claim

Options
Ricardo136
Ricardo136 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone no e to jump on board :-). I just been confirmed today I'm getting the low capability health thing e. Just wondering when does land in my account and I put my sick note in January so do I get back paid from then. Appreciate it if you can let me know thank you. Kind regards Ricardo 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello everyone no e to jump on board :-). I just been confirmed today I'm getting the low capability health thing e. Just wondering when does land in my account and I put my sick note in January so do I get back paid from then. Appreciate it if you can let me know thank you. Kind regards Ricardo 
    If you have only got Limited Capability for Work (LCW) you will not get any extra money for this.

to get extra money you need to have been found to have Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity (LCWRA). 

If you have been found to have LCWRA the date the extra money starts from depends on your normal payment date and what date you first reported your health conditions supported by Fit Notes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello @Ricado1961

Welcome to the community! :) I see calcotti has advised on your query, how are you feeling after going through the process?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ricardo136
    Ricardo136 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for that nuff respect calcotti.  Well I'm defo lcwra and I put my sick note in January and received the confirmation yesterday bout the changes to my benefits. I'm just wondering how long till I recieve that lcwra will I get it on my next payment next month? Kind regards Ricardo 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for that nuff respect calcotti. 
    I don't understand what you mean here. Calcotti was just advising you. You did say you were awarded low capability, which in my opinion was referring to LCW.
    The extra money will be paid from either May or June depending on what date exactly you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think there might have been a misread here, as I understand it 'nuff respect' is a positive phrase, another way of saying 'utmost respect': 

"A term reflecting a positive commendation for a person, action or item worthy of supreme accolade." 

I hope that helps straighten things out :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.