If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£150 cost of living payment

Options
poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2023 in Cost of living
New details have been announced for this.
If you’re in receipt of either of the following benefits. 
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance for adults
  • Disability Living Allowance for children
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
  • Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • War Pension Mobility Supplement

You must have received a payment (or later receive a payment) of one of these benefits for 1 April 2023 to get the Disability Cost of Living Payment.

If you were getting a qualifying benefit from the Ministry of Defence and a qualifying benefit from DWP, you will get a Disability Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.

If you receive a Disability Cost of Living Payment, but we later find that you were not eligible for it, you may have to pay it back.

When you’ll be paid

Most people will be paid the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment automatically between 20 June 2023 and 4 July 2023.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#disability-cost-of-living-payment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this new information @poppy123456, much appreciated :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this new information @poppy123456, much appreciated :)

You're welcome. Thanks for making into a sticky at the top of the thread, hopefully that will help other members find it easier.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mikecd
    Mikecd Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this new information @poppy123456, another contribution for the power wheelchair fund 
  • Priceman
    Priceman Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    New details have been announced for this.
    If you’re in receipt of either of the following benefits. 
    • Attendance Allowance
    • Constant Attendance Allowance
    • Disability Living Allowance for adults
    • Disability Living Allowance for children
    • Personal Independence Payment
    • Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
    • Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment
    • War Pension Mobility Supplement

You must have received a payment (or later receive a payment) of one of these benefits for 1 April 2023 to get the Disability Cost of Living Payment.

If you were getting a qualifying benefit from the Ministry of Defence and a qualifying benefit from DWP, you will get a Disability Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.

If you receive a Disability Cost of Living Payment, but we later find that you were not eligible for it, you may have to pay it back.

When you’ll be paid

Most people will be paid the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment automatically between 20 June 2023 and 4 July 2023.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#disability-cost-of-living-payment

I've just been awarded pip backdated from Feb does this mean I'll receive £150?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes
  • Priceman
    Options
    OK thank you for helping 
  • Scottyrko
    Scottyrko Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    do you think its likely we will get it paid to us next tuesday on the day 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Scottyrko said:
    do you think its likely we will get it paid to us next tuesday on the day 
    Some will receive it and some won’t. It can be anytime between 20th June and 4th July. No one can predict when exactly you will receive it.
  • afgzee
    afgzee Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Interested to know how many people on this forum received the payment today? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    afgzee said:
    Interested to know how many people on this forum received the payment today? 

No one, unless their bank allowed access to the funds early. Payments aren't due to start until tomorrow.
  • afgzee
    Options
    Morning everyone I got my £150 today all the best 
  • BenefitsB68
    BenefitsB68 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    afgzee said:
    I’ve not yet got mine. Was it paid via bacs or faster payment? Who do you bank with. I’m with monzo.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    afgzee said:
    I’ve not yet got mine. Was it paid via bacs or faster payment? Who do you bank with. I’m with monzo.

My daughter had hers and it was BACS.  I haven't had mine and her money goes into my bank, i don't bank with monzo. It can be anything up to 4th July.
  • Scottyrko
    Scottyrko Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    i didnt recieve hopefully before end of the week i get it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Scottyrko said:
    i didnt recieve hopefully before end of the week i get it 
    It can be anything up to 4th July. Today is just the first day. 
  • afgzee
    Options
    afgzee said:
    I’ve not yet got mine. Was it paid via bacs or faster payment? Who do you bank with. I’m with monzo.Was by BACS I hadn't checked my account yesterday it must have been pending as transfers show up early in monzo but I got into my account this morning and it was paid. Hope you get yours soon. 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Out of 5 people I know who claim PIP only 1 has received it yet, so don't worry. I didn't get the £301 COL until the 3 May, a week later.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,675 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet.  I got the £301 on the very first day so not sure how they distribute them. 

Can't be totally random, must be done on NI numbers or birthdays or names or something.  Computers don't do 'random'!
  • Priceman
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet.  I got the £301 on the very first day so not sure how they distribute them. 

Can't be totally random, must be done on NI numbers or birthdays or names or something.  Computers don't do 'random'!
    It may depend how long you been receiving qualifying benefits maybe? If you do get the benefits then you will get it surely? I got the 301 on 1st day to but expect to get this one on last day as I ain't been receiving my benefits that long. Hopefully you receive it soon.
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Priceman said:

It may depend how long you been receiving qualifying benefits maybe? If you do get the benefits then you will get it surely? I got the 301 on 1st day to but expect to get this one on last day as I ain't been receiving my benefits that long. Hopefully you receive it soon.

No, it's nothing to do with how long you've been claiming them either. I've claimed PIP for almost 10 years and received my £150 today.

My daughters been claiming PIP since 2017 and had hers yesterday. We live together and i'm her appointee so her money goes into my bank account.

Yes it can be at random because the payments aren't automatically sent by the computer. A person has to actually send them.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.