Hi, my name is RiaW! Advice on more accessible housing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RiaW! Advice on more accessible housing

RiaW Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I have severe M.E/CFS ,Crohn's disease & various other conditions.M.E is my worst condition I have been mainly bedbound for 10 years .I need some advice on how to access help regarding moving to more suitable accommodation ( social housing) & accessing better medical care .


  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,879 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RiaW

    Welcome to the community! :) I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so poorly.

    I would encourage you to apply for a needs assessment, this could lead your local authority to identify further support needed for you. This could include healthcare needs and adaptations to your home. If you need to move because you need something that cannot be adapted, for example a ground floor level property, I would reach out to your local council or housing authority. 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.