Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
Cheryl3431
Cheryl3431 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all , I submitted my 1st fit note on the 16th August 2022 , was awarded LCWRA on the 27th April 2023 and payment was included in my May s UC , I believe they owe me some backpay but I have not heard anything from them yet as regards this , does it usually take this long ?My assessment period runs from the 9th - 8th with payment on the 15th .

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Cheryl3431 and a warm welcome to the community.
    I'm sorry no one has been able to answer your query until now.

Assuming there have been no breaks in your fit notes, I believe your three month wait period would begin from 9th September. This is because they don't include partial months in their calculations.

9th August to 8th September (fit note provided but doesn't could as not a full assessment period)
    9th September to 8th October (month 1)
    9th October to 8th November (month 2)
    9th November to 8th December (month 3)
    9th December to 8th January - LCWRA in payment

So you should be owed LCWRA for January, February, March and April. 

They sometimes need a reminder for this and there are instances where case managers get it wrong and have understood it to be 3 months from decision. 

Have you asked UC about any potential backdating?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cheryl3431
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your reply , I did leave a message on my Journal and and they did eventually get back to me and they seem to have processed it there and then , the backpay for the months you mentioned will be in my bank by Wednesday ( hopefully ) 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are things going for you at the moment @Cheryl3431? Have you been able to receive your payment now?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cheryl3431
    Options
    Yes , as promised the payment went in on the Wednesday .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.