If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Report completed without assessment

Options
zbro92
zbro92 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I'm asking this on behalf of my husband. Basically we applied for PIP in February and not heard anything regarding assessment but he received a text today to say they have received a report and will have a decision within 8 weeks? Is this normal?

Background history : current diagnosis of complex ptsd and ocd and also waiting for autism assessment. Hes has anxiety and depression and childhood adhd diagnosis. We sent a psychiatric report and autism referral documents as well as GP summary with the application and form was completed with the social prescriber at GP surgery.

My husband was previously diagnosed woth paranoid schizophrenia and spent time sectioned in hospital however this diagnosis was changed in 2019. He was previously on pip but came off it as we needed to claim universal credit and couldn't claim both at the time (around 2017) so that will also be under his national insurance number i presume.

Basically we want to know if its a bad thing we haven't been called for an assessment and they're basically saying he doesn't qualify ? Or will they have all of the information the need with the documents?

Thanks in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,136 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He’s had a paper based assessment which means there was enough of evidence to write the report without an assessment. Not a bad thing in my opinion. 
    Now the report has been returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once the decision is made if he’s not happy he can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zbro92
    zbro92 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. That's good to know he's been so anxious and triggered all morning because it's a change to what he was expecting. Hopefully not too much of a waiting game because I think he's going to be on edge until it comes through. He has his LCWRA assessment next week on the phone so it's alot all at once for him.

Thanks again 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any updates yet @zbro92? If so, I am just wondering if you would like to share a little more with us about how this has gone for him and if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.