If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip text message and letter

Options
MontyKen23
MontyKen23 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone. I'm new to this so bare with me. I received a text message on Monday from pip saying "we have not yet made a decision on your pip claim, we will right to you when we have made our decision " then yesterday I got a letter saying they have all the information needed to make a decision. Has anyone else had this? I would of thought they would send a text or a letter not both. Does anyone know how long it usually takes from this point? It's such a long process 😪 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,272 Championing
    Options
    Both of those are standard text and letter sent to a lot of people. There's no timescales from this point. Timescales are up to about 12 weeks once the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gigi77
    gigi77 Community member Posts: 52 Contributor
    Options
    @MontyKen23 my experience was from receiving the not made a decision text to text awarding pip was 3 days.  But I’ve been very lucky with how quick mines been done, it really is a mixed bag of timescales for everyone. Wishing you the very best of luck, I know how anxious the wait is and even trying to keep busy sometimes can be difficult 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.