Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My mom is making dating with learning disabilities even more difficult?
My mum and I have always been stricter when it comes to dating men with learning disabilities and one of them that i can't even date is mild learning disabilities. My biggest complaint is that I can only be a moderate learning disability or severe. As a consequence, I don't want to date men who have severe learning disabilities since they're protected more and might have a more immature perception of people with learning disabilities. It has always been like that with my mom when it comes to dating and relationships. i shout and get angry at my mum . The last thing that was said was that you only date men with learning disabilities or you will not be able to date or be in a relationship at all . When I try to express my feelings, my mother treats me in a slient treament . My two other sisters don't have the same dating experience when it comes to mum. One older sister and she can date anyone who wants to date. My younger sister can also date whomever she wants. even she might also has learning disabilities. my mum always complains about distance when dating. Yep that as well limted on how where i can to when it comes to dating men or relationship . talking does nothing with my mum . what else can i do that my mum is making is more difficult when comes to dating and relationship?
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.9K Coffee lounge
- 89 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 227 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 798 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 650 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 373 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 821 Transport and travel
- 31.6K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 17K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 879 Chronic pain and pain management
- 179 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 327 Sensory impairments
- 827 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions