Hello, I'm new here 😊 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I'm new here 😊

Options
shereadsTruth
shereadsTruth Community member Posts: 2 Listener
OK, not used to this but, I am in need of help, in decluttering my flat. My mum passed a year ago and I basically had to store some things she owned, in my flat. I didn't realise the amount of things and commitment I have over them. Now, I need to sort through the things, box them and store, sell or dispose of them. I am in need of physical help for about 3 weeks, 5 days a week. I am disabled myself and have no close family or friends nearby to help. If anybody can help me, I would be forever grateful. Please let me know and thank you. 

Comments

• shereadsTruth
    shereadsTruth Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    OK, not used to this but, I am in need of help, in decluttering my flat. My mum passed a year ago and I basically had to store some things she owned, in my flat. I didn't realise the amount of things and commitment I have over them. Now, I need to sort through the things, box them and store, sell or dispose of them. I am in need of physical help for about 3 weeks, 5 days a week. I am female and disabled myself and have no close family or friends nearby to help. If a female can help me, I would be forever grateful. I live in North London.  Please let me know and thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately scope do not offer any physical help with this sort of thing. It wouldn’t be possible for any members to help either because they don’t support meeting anyone face to face.

Do you have access to Facebook? If so then you can put an ad on there asking for some help in your area. However, there maybe a charge for the services they offer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @shereadsTruth and welcome, thank you for taking the time to reach out. 

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, it can't be easy trying to get to grips with everything. I'd like to share a few charities who might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction for help with this:
    If you are having a tough day or struggling with grief, they are also a wonderful support, so I'd encourage you to contact them. 

Let us know if we can help with anything further, and you're also welcome to spend time here on the community if it helps too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi and welcome to you.
    so sorry to hear about your mum.
    sounds like you have a lot to do and sometimes we can feel so overwhelmed.
    I give away a lot of things to charity which keeps me decluttered, 
    take it slowly, one hour at a time, when we are grieving it makes things feel more difficult to sort out. I hope you manage to get some help in your location. Slowly you will get there.
    you have this forum now to reach out and chat to as well.

all good wishes to you 
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.