Hi, my name is sarahwp66! advice on how to get a nebuliser? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sarahwp66! advice on how to get a nebuliser?

Options
sarahwp66
sarahwp66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m new to this so plz b kind. I’m looking for help and advice on how to get a nebuliser. I suffer with severe asthma and COPD. I get a lot of chest infections and have a constant cough and wheeze. I really need a nebuliser but my gp won’t help. So I could do with some advice and pointers as to what to do. 
Thank you

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,145 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sarahwp66 welcome to the forum sorry your having problems getting a nebuliser, y wont your gp help. Do you see a chest nurse at your drs who may be able to get one for you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI @sarahwp66 - & welcome. I'm sorry you're suffering with asthma & COPD. Is there another GP in your practice that you could see for their opinion to see what may help? If not, could you ask to see one of the nurses there to get your severe asthma evaluated, & receive the help you need?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @sarahwp66 and welcome, thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. To help our members find your post more easily, I've edited the title slightly, and moved it over into our aids, adaptions and equipment category. 

Can I check if you have an asthma nurse? 

If it's helpful Asthma + Lung UK have information on Nebulisers, and there's a helpline you can contact for ongoing support too. 

Let us know if we can help with anything further in the meantime :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.