If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Manual or Powerchair better for Wheelchair accessible cabs Leeds

Options
wandering_chris
wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 83 Pioneering
Hi,

Mates visiting Leeds at some point, train and cabs sorted - But should he use his powerchair? I ask since its bigger than this manual and there may be some trouble getting into a standard hackney cab?

Any Leeds people want to suggest the best chair for Leeds cabs please?

it'll really help,

Wandering_Chris

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello @wandering_chris I'm afraid I'm not local to Leeds so I wouldn't have much of an idea about the cabs there. 

Does your mate's powerchair split into parts, or fold at all?

It may be worth contacting Leeds City Council on this, as they might be in a better position to advise :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wandering_chris
    wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    Brill thanks, im afraid my mates chair doesnt fold though
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's alright, it's quite rare for a powerchair! Best of luck enquiring, and let us know how it goes :)

My own powerchair comes apart, and I have a friend who's powerchair folds, I'd never seen one, so was pretty amazed at the time!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.