My PIP Timeline — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP Timeline

Options
MountEverest2253
MountEverest2253 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey, I hope everyone is doing well! 

I’d like to share my journey/timeline in claiming PIP and hopefully it can help someone the same way other posts helped me. 

15 December 2022 - Called DWP/PIP to start my application. 

16 December 2022 - “How your disability affects you form has been sent” Text received.

22 December 2022 - Form Received.

(I never sent the form back as I wasn’t able to fill it out).

12 January 2023 - “We haven’t received your ‘How your disability affects you’ form yet” Text received. 

17 February 2023 - “Hello from Independent Assessment Service” Text Received. 

14 March 2023 - Received a text mentioning when my appointment for my assessment was. 

28 March 2023 - Video Call Assessment Appointment. 

(I didn’t attend my appointment as I was too insecure)

A week after missing my appointment, I received a call from DWP. 
A lovely lady on the phone asked my why I missed my appointment. 

I explained I was too insecure for a video call and asked her to close my claim. 

She said I could request a phone call instead and insisted I keep my claim open. 

I agreed. 

26 April 2023 - “Hello from independent assessment services” Text AGAIN. 

30 May 2023 - Received a text message mentioning when my appointment for my assessment was. 

12 June 2023 - Telephone Assessment Appointment. 

I attended this appointment. The lady was very kind. I answered any and all of the questions she asked and the assessment took around 1 hour. 

14 June 2023 - “We’ve received the written report” Text received from DWP.

27 June 2023 - “We haven’t yet made a decision” Text received from DWP.

29 June 2023 - “We have awarded you PIP” Text received from DWP. 

I doubt someone would be in a scenario like mine, but if there is, hopefully this helped. 

I’d also like to thank everyone else for their posts on this forum. It helped ease my anxiety SO much whilst I was waiting. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.