If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advocacy

Options
serenity2
serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
In my area there appears no availability of Advocacy, the only advocacy organisation in my area, I do not reach the criteria to use it. I would be prepared to pay for advocacy , I can’t even find one I can pay for in my location or perhaps beyond if they cover lots of areas. 
I’m struggling with Anti social behaviour and really require an advocate to help, as it is all sooooo challenging. CAB really are too busy and so not ideal.
my advocacy would involve, housing, drugs, possibly relocation..
my mental and physical health is being affected by it.

If anyone has any tips, experience of this, or knows of private advocacy please let me know.
paid or unpaid..
I am in the south of England 
cheers guys 
 :)
Best Wishes
serenity2 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @serenity2

I am sorry it sounds like you are having such a tough time. I wondered if you had contacted your Local MP at all? I would encourage you to visit them on one of their surgery days. They may have some local resources to suggest :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • serenity2
    Options
    Thank you @Hannah_Scope
    funny enough I involved my local MP approx a week ago about the issue. He has written to the housing association about some damage that is part of the ASB issue. 
    At least I’m now in touch with him. Thanks very much. I got the feeling the link worker thought I was over reacting getting my MP involved but I know it can help.
    :) will also ask about help and support when they come back to me 
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that you have been advocating for your own needs and wants @serenity2 and know what can help and have now got this support in place. Please don't hesitate to let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • serenity2
    Options
    It sounds really positive that you have been advocating for your own needs and wants @serenity2 and know what can help and have now got this support in place. Please don't hesitate to let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Thank you so much 😊 
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.