Direct payments to pay for Carers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Direct payments to pay for Carers

Kiwi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, can I ask if anyone gets a Direct Payment from the Council Adult social services department that pays for their Carers or PA's Monthly.
I'm not on about the one off cost of living payment or any other one offs, I'm referring to the one that you get assessed for, then they pay every month.
It normally goes in my bank nearest to 1st of month but mine hasn't been paid in today.
Has anyone else's NOT been paid today? 
I've had this payment for many years, so its not a new claim or admin error,
Ive had No email, No notification, No letter from Adult services or council finance team, No communication whatsoever.
I'm hoping its a general issue with the system and not they just stopped my DP with no explanation, I have 2 upset Carers I cannot pay today as always pay 1st of month, its their wages.
I'm in Wiltshire, has anyone had the same issue either today or in the past, and what was the outcome or reason for it.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Payments only usually go into your bank on Saturday if your bank release the funds early. Payment day would be a Monday.

    We can only guess what the problem is and you will need to contact your local Authority on Monday morning when they open.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.