Hi, my name is Portia51! Care Payment Is Late — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Portia51! Care Payment Is Late

Portia51 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I received a direct care payment from my local council. It hasn't arrived yet and us three days late. I can't pay my carer. Gas any one else experienced this?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,829 Disability Gamechanger
    There was another new member on Saturday that asked the same question. You will need to contact your local Authourity to ask them because they are the only ones that can tell you what's happened. We can only guess what that reason is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,985 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 3
    Hello @Portia51

    Welcome to the community! :) I am sorry to hear the payment is late, have you been able to call your local authority? 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.