If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Blubbering wreck !

Options
mistakes65
mistakes65 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
To say I’m a blubbering wreck is mild 🫤 just sat down and feeling low this morning then my phone goes off and it’s a text from DWP saying I’ve been awarded PIP !!
I did not know if I would receive one as it was a tribunal hearing I had so did not know if I would hear anything 🫤 but 5 minutes ago the text came through .
I know it sounds silly 😞 but I have fought and fought for years to get PIP never been strong enough to see it through to a tribunal up until last year and now at last it’s happened .
Sorry if I’m a pain 😞 but yourselves have got me through some rough days with worrying about it !

with me getting the text does that mean my money will arrive soon ? 
Thank you 

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,669 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done for not giving up. 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you 🙏 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means your award has been put into payment and you should receive the money that’s owed soon. Once payment is made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you 🙏 
  • Tbarber47
    Tbarber47 Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Options
    Well done iv got my tribunal hearing this morning and im nervous to say the least 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you 🙏 
    good luck for this morning ! Deep breaths and just answer the questions as best you can 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can ring PIP to ask them when to expect payment into your bank and they will tell you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Don’t think I dare ring them again they will be sick of me 🫤
  • Rainbow116
    Rainbow116 Community member Posts: 129 Courageous
    Options
    @mistakes65 awesome news well done, love hearing success stories as I’ve been on the verge of giving it up a lot lately.  You must  be so pleased x

I’m now at waiting on pack from DWP as it’s going to tribunal .. though I anticipate a massive wait for a date 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    So just when I thought it was good news just rang PIP and they said my back payment was suspended because of the amount she asked if I could manage that amount and I said yes and she would speak to the case manager 😞so will I loose that money now so stressed 
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    I’m no expert but no I doubt you’ll lose the money, it’s just extra check .., keep the faith all will be ok xx 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    I hope so crying my eyes out here now 😞
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    I hope so crying my eyes out here now 😞
    Awww don’t cry says me who overthinks absolutely everything, big hugs it’ll be ok xx 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    My anxiety gets so bad 😞 x
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    My anxiety gets so bad 😞 x
    You are bound to feel like that, but you are so close to the finishing line it’s in touching distance, you are nearly there xx

I look forward to your next update which I’m sure will be good news  x 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you I hope so the lady said she was speaking to her the case manager today so hopefully it will get sorted x
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you Beaver x
  • mistakes65
    Options
    They did because it’s a large amount not a massive massive amount but a lot they just suspended it 
  • mistakes65
    Options
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You won’t lose it. They asked that question because of safe guarding issues because it’s a large payment. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.