If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal awared me standard rate in both sections after DWP awarded 0 points!

Options
TiffanyAnne
TiffanyAnne Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Just thought I'd share as a year ago I was searching these forums wondering if I should even bother going forward with tribunal if the reconsideration gave me 0 points.

I applied for mental health, ADHD and a physical disability. I remember writing a load for my reconsideration just to get nothing and upon waiting for the tribunal I legit just forgot about it all. I did nothing extra or researched - just didn't care because it wasn't worth the stress. Even when I found out when the date was I didn't do much and I went today expecting the worst. But I got awarded standard in both and it honestly felt they were all on my side. It was messy and I spoke a lot but I was just honest. I didn't get points in everything I applied for but they gave me enough to reach the lower bracket. 

Someone from the DWP was there and even she felt on my side, saying she reccomended points in certian areas whereas they'd awarded me none before. She congradulated me and everything. 

If you had any questions about the whole process feel free to ask, I just thought it'd be positive to share that even after giving up and not caring or expecting anything I finally got my award. Now just gotta wait for a years worth of backpay!
Tagged:

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.