Coping — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coping

Options
Emeraldgem
Emeraldgem Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi I suffer from numerous mental health issues including. BPD… with psychotic episodes. PTSD, OCD, Generalised anxiety disorder and I’m also waiting for an assessment for autism. Daily life is a massive struggle even getting out of the bed in the morning is a chore and for the last 3 days I’ve not had the energy nor the motivation to to that. It’s so hard sometimes to have no one to talk to that completely understand how I feel as half the time I don’t get it myself. 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Emeraldgem

Welcome to the community! :) 

I am so sorry to hear your mental health has been so bad recently. I am glad to hear things are in motion for your autism assessment. How do you feel about that? 

I just wanted to check in and ask if you have support around you? If the community can support you in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    hi I suffer from numerous mental health issues including. BPD… with psychotic episodes. PTSD, OCD, Generalised anxiety disorder and I’m also waiting for an assessment for autism. Daily life is a massive struggle even getting out of the bed in the morning is a chore and for the last 3 days I’ve not had the energy nor the motivation to to that. It’s so hard sometimes to have no one to talk to that completely understand how I feel as half the time I don’t get it myself. 
    I’m diagnosed with BPD too , it’s really horrible so I completely understand what you say . Have you had any therapy specifically for BPD? I tried MBT and it was completely useless . 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    Hi @Hannah_Scope I feel glad that my autism assessment is going ahead as I have always felt that I’ve been very different to other people even growing up I was a loner. I have my husband and my mental health team but that’s it and and I don’t hear from from my mental health team unless I need them. My husband tries but I know it’s difficult for him as he doesn’t understand things x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    Hi @paries1 no I haven’t had any therapy as my Psychiatrist doesn’t think I’m ready for that yet, I’m 3 years down the line and their still messing about with my meds x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Maybe your mental health team could suggest a local group? I know a few members with mental and physical health issues have mentioned having groups to talk to or meet up with :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • paries1
    Options
    Hi @paries1 no I haven’t had any therapy as my Psychiatrist doesn’t think I’m ready for that yet, I’m 3 years down the line and their still messing about with my meds x 
    Oh I hope they’ll sort them out soon . CMHT can be so bad , mine just left me too , they’d call me up and just say “ keep taking your meds “ and that was it.
    I hope you’ll get them sorted soon and they help a bit . X 

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Oh I hope they’ll sort them out soon . CMHT can be so bad , mine just left me too , they’d call me up and just say “ keep taking your meds “ and that was it.

I’m in under GMMHT and to be honest their not that good either I’m on my 4th psychiatrist and that’s all they say to me x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I can’t do groups or anything like that my social anxiety is too bad x
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:

I’m in under GMMHT and to be honest their not that good either I’m on my 4th psychiatrist and that’s all they say to me x 
    All they ever want to do is give us loads of meds to shut us up. I should NEVER have been on an anti psychotic but they gave me that as well as others and I want off them asap . x 
  • Emeraldgem
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

All they ever want to do is give us loads of meds to shut us up. I should NEVER have been on an anti psychotic but they gave me that as well as others and I want off them asap . x 
    I’ve been on anti psychotic meds as well I was put on Lamotrogine which then someone else took me off and then another tried putting me back on it’s like 🤷🏻‍♀️ x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Would online ones be something you could be part of? Or do you prefer something like this where it's a written forum? 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope I prefer things that are online especially writing things as I find it easier x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Then you are in the right place with us :) I hope the community can be such a support for you and a place to make new friends :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Emeraldgem
    Options
    @Emeraldgem Then you are in the right place with us :) I hope the community can be such a support for you and a place to make new friends :) 
    Yes this definitely it the right place for me and i hope so as well xx 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.