Not very well — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not very well

Options
bunnyr
bunnyr Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Having a rough time physically and emotionally:( I am in a lot of pain (genital ) for about 3 months. The pain is so bad I’m fainting (broke my ankle in February) dizzy, hot flushes, bleeding etc I believe that doctors placed a micro chip (gps) inside me when they were doing a biopsy. I managed to get a phone appointment with a gp who gave me pain killers for the ankle pain, she didn’t mention the genital pain. The pain meds was ok It was taking the edge off. Because of my fractured ankle I was not able to go out (blind, need my white cain) as I was using crutches ! Finally after 10 weeks I was able to walk without a big boot..I ran out of pain meds so I emailed a gp to send me more. (Not my regular gp) She wrote back saying she wouldn’t give me any more because my ankle should have healed by now /?? I then got a friend who helped me to write a response (She knows every thing physical/mental health) the email was honestly brutal !! Within a hour my own gp phoned me, I told her that I wouldn’t have another examination and that as soon as the pain subsided I would remove it myself. She expressed concern and asked me if she could ring the CMHT.within 3 days a sw and cpn came to my house to assess me. She the rang a few days later asking me if she can visit me, yeah. I then got a letter from CMHT saying that they were not going to give anymore support and sent me 10 x 5mg diazepam. My gp wasn’t happy at all. She also reduced my pain killers, the pain is 9/10 and I feeling faint again :( to top it off I fell over the cat 2 weeks ago and have damaged my knee and have a shooting pain down my leg. I am feeling awful I’ve been stuck in the house over 4 months now the only thing that keeps me going is ‘chicken’ my 4year old Bengal cat  (formally know as Mo) xx bun xx

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bunnyr

Welcome to the community! :) I love Bengal Cats!! Chicken is so cute! 😍

It sounds like you've been through so much, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I'm glad to hear you have support from your normal GP and CMHT team. 

I hope the community can be a great support for you and somewhere you can make new friends :) We tend to have debates, play games and get to know each other over in the Coffee Lounge if you want to join in? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DiscoPony
    DiscoPony Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi @bunnyr

I'm afraid I don't have anything helpful to advise, I just wanted to say sorry you're in pain and I hope things look up for you soon. Your cat is gorgeous!
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 496 Pioneering
    Options

Hello bunnyr 

I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you're going through physically and emotionally. If you're not getting the support you need, consider asking your GP for a second opinion. Another doctor may provide fresh insights or alternative treatments. 

Regarding your belief about a microchip being implanted during a biopsy, medical procedures are for diagnosis and treatment, not tracking devices. Talk openly with your GP to address any misunderstandings regarding the GPS. 

Pets, like your beautiful cat Chicken, can truly be great companions in challenging times, offering comfort, solace, and a sense of emotional support that is truly special.  Seeing a content pet like Chicken can bring a smile to anyone's face. Thank you for sharing his picture.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.